TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Payment: Payment is due in full prior to departure. We accept cash or check.
2. Reservation Policy: A $50 per person per day non refundable deposit is required to make a reservation. The person that makes the reservation is responsible for payment of the charter fee for how ever many seats that are booked.
3. Cancellation Policy: If you cancel your charter within 30 days of the departure day, you forfeit your deposit. No Exceptions. If you cancel your charter more then 30 days from your charter date, We will refund your deposit minus a $10 fee.
4. No Shows: If you do not show up for your charter, you forfeit your deposit. If the No Show is part of a group the person who books the charter is responsible to pay the "No Shows" charter fee. The boat leaves at 6AM.
5. Weather Days: Orion Charters will refund 100% of your deposit if we cancel due to weather. Generally if the wind speed is 25kts or greater (small craft advisory conditions) we will not be able to fish in the Gulf. If the conditions are too rough for fishing the gulf, but the sound is ok, I will offer to take the halibut trip to the sound rather then cancel the trip, if the customers are willing. If the weather day occurs in August when the Silver Salmon are running I will offer to switch the trip to Silver Salmon fishing at the Salmon Charter rate. During a "normal" year we have about 10 days per season where the wind is 25+knots. During the 2015 season we only cancelled 3 trips for weather.
6. Mechanical Break Downs: If our boat breaks down prior to when we arrive at the fishing area, we will refund 100% of the charter fee. If our boat breaks down after you get to fish, you still pay full cost.
7. Returned Check Policy: Orion Charters now charges a $25.00 fee for all returned checks.
8. Equipment Policy: If you break it you buy a new one.
9. Photos: All photos on this web site are the property of Orion Charters.
10. We discourage, people with neck or back problems, people that are not used to the ocean, people that don't know if they really want to go or not, or people that are not physically fit.
11. Orion Charters reserves the right to refuse service to
12. Even though the State of Alaska allow personal use of marijuana, USCG regulation prohibit the use or possession on a charter boat.
13. Alaska Dept. of Fish and Game (ADF&G) / NOAA regulations require that charter boat passengers that catch a halibut immediately record their catch on their fishing license or a harvest ticket.
Dave & Frieda Wiley
P.O. Box 3577
Valdez, AK 99686
PHONE: (907) 835-8610
Check out these other pages for pictures and information.
Halibut, Lingcod, Salmon Shark, Rockfish, Salmon, Unusual Fish
PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND INFO:
Scenery, Glaciers, Whales, Sea Lions
ORION CHARTERS INFO:
Prices, Terms & Conditions, Boat Info,
Back to HOME PAGE
This page was last updated on 01/10/19.